New Mexico Trucking Accident and Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic Brain Injury Caused by New Mexico Trucking Accident: Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer Explains
Large commercial trucks like big rigs, 18 wheelers, semi tractor trailers, and other box trucks usually cause devastating and catastrophic injuries in a New Mexico trucking accident, including a traumatic brain injury. This is due to their sheer size and weight which generates considerable momentum and force in a collision. This is magnified on fast-moving interstates and highways like I-40, I-25, and I-10. According to the CDC, there are bout 2.8 million traumatic brain injury-related emergency department visits or deaths in the United States each year. Traumatic brain injuries are some of the worst injuries that an individual in a New Mexico trucking accident could sustain. Individuals suffering from a traumatic brain injury should call an experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer to learn their rights.
Here at the NM Truck Accident Attorneys, our experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer has battled some of the largest trucking companies in the United States over New Mexico trucking accidents causing severe traumatic brain injuries, including J.B. Hunt, UPS, Schneider National, US Post Office, Swift Transportation, Estes, and many others. Individuals suffering from a traumatic brain injury need to call our law office to learn how we can fight for your rights to compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and future healthcare, including other damages. Call us by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help you today.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries Caused by a New Mexico Trucking Accident
While there are classifications of traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, such as mild, moderate, or severe, there really is no such thing as a “mild” brain injury. This could cause damage to the functioning of your brain, including memory, problem solving, speech, vision, hearing, coordination, and many other functions. The more severe the impact and injury, which is frequent in New Mexico trucking accidents with big rigs and box trucks, the more damage to the brain and the more likely a traumatic brain injury will cause irreparable injury.
Some common types of brain injuries caused by a New Mexico trucking accident include the following:
- Concussions – these are not mild, but can cause permanent headaches and sensitivity to light rendering a person unable to drive a vehicle or even work; concussions are not to be underestimated;
- Diffuse axonal injury – this is sheering and tearing of brain tissue due to violent movements of the head (and brain) in an impact, which can impair brain functioning and result in large areas of the brain being unable to function properly;
- Brain contusion – this is where the brain is impacted and suffers a bruise-like injury, but bleeding on the brain can cause intense pressure in the brain which causes structural damage that can be permanent;
- Coup-contrecoup brain injuries – the brain is suspended in fluid in the skull, and when an impact from one side is so hard it can cause the brain to shift forward and hit the other side of the skull causing damage on both sides of the brain (impact side and opposite side);
- Penetrating injuries – anytime a foreign object like twisted trucking metal pierces the brain, it is a life-threatening and catastrophic injury which may cause serious injury.
Call Our Law Firm if You Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in a New Mexico Trucking Accident
Individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury in a New Mexico trucking accident should call the NM Truck Accident Attorneys to learn what their rights to compensation may be. There is no “mild” TBI, and individuals should have an experienced legal team review their medical record to determine whether there is the possibly of future injury or permanent damage. If you or a loved one has been injured in any New Mexico big rig crash, call the experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer at the NM Truck Accident Attorneys today by dialing (505) 833-5000. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.